Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Deb Sharp's Book Sells Like Hotcakes

 
Posted by Picasa

I went to Florida mystery writer Deb Sharp's Chicago-area signing tonight, thinking to offer her a little co-authorly support. Luckily, she didn't need it. I had to elbow my way up to her little table, and I didn't stay long, fearful that I'd block the endless line. I should be so lucky, Deb. :)

Deb's successful series, which started with MAMA DOES TIME, now continues with MAMA RIDES SHOTGUN. I'm looking forward to reading more about Mama's adventures in Florida, which inspired the TODAY show's Hoda Kotb to say that "Deb Sharp is the next Edna Buchanan!"

Deb is so used to hot Florida summers that she said she had to wear a shawl here in cool Chicago. I told her I like the shawl weather better!

And now, on to reading mysteries . . . .

2 comments:

Deborah Sharp said...

Julia Buckley rocks! What she doesn't say in her very nice post about my signing is that she was outnumbered 15 to 1 by my multitude of Chicago cousins, second cousins, and third cousins who rallied to make the Southern kin look like a mega-seller. So, Julia ... now you're an honorary cousin, which means I get to crash on your couch and bogart your bratwurst on my next trip north. Love ya, girl.

Julia Buckley said...

Now I want to title my next book "Bogarting the Bratwurst." Although that's more of a Tim Maleeny title. :)